14/01/2015

Conclusion

This is my last official post as part of my "Global Environmental Change" module assessment! It's been a thoroughly enjoyable experience, even though it was daunting to start with. I feel I've learnt more about marine pollution in the last few months than during the entirety of my degree.

The biggest challenge I faced was deciding exactly what to blog about for each post, purely because of the wealth of information out there. I aimed to be as varied as possible in my choice of topics, but plastic took the limelight as it is the single biggest threat to our oceans and thus warrants such attention. I also tried to include a range of academic and non-academic sources to make it more accessible and fun!

I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog, and that I have managed to raise awareness of our precious oceans!

I'll leave you with one of my favourite photos from my study abroad year in Western Australia. It looks devoid of life, but it's actually the opposite (think sea turtles and huge starfish!). It's such a beautiful and unspoilt part of the world, and I hope everything is done to preserve it!

Turquoise Bay, Exmouth, Western Australia (taken October 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment